It’s impossible to overstate the importance of editing in the process of writing a book (or any other document). No one, no one, is the best editor of their own work.
I am an experienced text editor (in several genres), and several poetry manuscripts I’ve edited have gone on to become successful first collections.
As well as mentoring and appraisals, I offer an editorial service to get your manuscript looking its professional best before you send it off.
- Check for sense, literals, contradictions and other conflicts, repetition
- Line-edit for consistency of usage, terminology, punctuation, style
- Edit your manuscript in house style, if you have one
- Help you shape your poetry collection if desired
- Work with you to develop a book out of the poems you have
Contact me to outline your project and get a quote.